Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3: Tom goes out to get pies, comes back with a surf board....

The kids are playing and I am working on setting up Silka's bike for future bike rides when Tom comes out to the garage to let me know he is going to the meat pie store to get a box of them for his school  staff's Friday afternoon tea. He and 5 other teachers have to bring food in. Well, I got Silka's bike set up and started making dinner. Tom had been gone a while by now. I was starting to think he either got really lost or they were baking a fresh batch of meat pies just for him when he finally made it back. I was wrong on both fronts. Apparently, the pie shop was just a few blocks from Scarborough Beach and the local surf shop. Needless to say, he also picked up a Hot Tamale in addition to the pies. I am not talking about a spicy  pie or some spicy, young latin beach babe. No, friends and family, he picked up a...

Surfboard!! 

Rein and Tom are very excited, I am a bit nervous and Silka is excited for us (she said she will be happy to just continue playing in the waves near shore). We are ready to graduate from body-surfing and boogie-boarding and try something a little more challenging. We will join the rest of the novice mob at Trigg's Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment