Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 19th: Kyilla Primary School Fete!

Baking for the school fete
The day of the fete
Phew! I am glad that is over.....
It was super fun but lots of work and I wasn't even one of the main organizers. I just painted signs, baked and made a fake cake.


I am talking about the kids' school's fete that took place this



past Saturday. Apparently, the school and parents have been planning this for almost a year. For school carnivals here in Perth, Australia, they really go all out. There was face painting, birds of prey, rides, entertainment, food stalls, a cake stall, bric-a-brac stall, artisans, massage, cupcake decorating, lucky dips (you pay to pick out a surprise package), silent auctions, a book auction, a children's emporium, fire engine rides......it goes on and on.


Stared down by an owl....


Rein singing 'Sing, Sing a Song' with his class


Silka riding her scooter home













I arrived at 10 a.m. on Saturday and helped out with setting up. The fete officially started at 3 p.m. and ended at 8 p.m. Tom and the kids showed up at 3:30 p.m. and I had Tom signed up to work the Sushi stall while I watched the kids. By 6 p.m. I was done. After the kids ate some pizza, we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment