Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September: Wildflower Month in Western Australia

Silka with a "flower girl"
Grevillea calliantha
Well, I apologize to you, Aunt Cathy....
honey myrtle
another unknown...
September would have been a better month to come visit Perth, Australia, you being a wildflower fan. Like their fauna, their flora includes many species that are exclusive to this country - pretty spectacular! This past Saturday, Tom and I and the kids headed down to King's Park where they were having their annual Wildflower Festival. They put on quite a show.
mottlecah (Eucalyptus macrocarpa)
Much to Tom's vexation, I took many pictures. I couldn't help myself - I was in awe. Here are some of the highlights...

flame grevillea




scarlet feather flower
bottle tree





grevillea misty pink
pink gladiolus


Silka amongst the wildflowers

Kangaroo Paw
cowslip orchid

Mangles Kangaroo Paw

Three Flowered Pea

Donkey Orchid

unknown but beautiful...
cabbage white butterfly

Spider Orchid
Federation flame kangaroo paw
Macropidia fuliginosa (green kangaroo paw) amongst blue Leschenaultia
everlastings

the remains of a feathered friend




No comments:

Post a Comment